Contact Info

+1 416 854 42 09

+90 553 047 56 80




Work Permit

In order for a foreign national to work legally in Canada, he/she must have the right to work with or without a work permit.

- Most of the temporary foreign worker programs (for example, Caregiver programs) require employers to obtain a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to employ foreign workers. LMIA may be obtained if a temporary worker is needed and no Canadian citizen or permanent resident is available to fill the position. The LMIA procedure is a highly complicated process.

- Intra Company Transfers are another possibility for temporary workers to be able to work with a work permit in Canada. Temporary foreign workers arriving with this program have no obligation to obtain a LMIA.

The spouse or children of a person who temporarily works or studies in Canada may apply for an open work permit under the following conditions:

- The spouse of a person who is allowed to work for a period longer than 6 months
- The spouse of a student who has been accepted for an eligible program of at least 8 months of full-time post-secondary education